- Early 1900′s – SE Johnson Company is founded. They specialize in aggregate, asphalt, and construction.
- Mid 1980′s – Stoneco becomes its own entity under SE Johnson. Stoneco comprises quarries in Ohio, SE Michigan, and Indiana.
- 1994 – SE Johnson acquires London Aggregates (Wolcotville Sand & Gravel) in Milan. Stoneco and London Aggregates remain separate companies.
- 2000 – London Aggregates and Stoneco are merged as Stoneco.
- 2004 – Oldcastle Materials purchases SE Johnson. Stoneco Michigan quarries are merged with Michigan Paving and Materials. Stoneco Ohio quarries become Shelly.