Stoneco History

  • Early 1900’s – SE Johnson Company is founded. They specialize in aggregate, asphalt, and construction.
  • Mid 1980’s – Stoneco becomes its own entity under SE Johnson. Stoneco comprises quarries in Ohio, SE Michigan, and Indiana.
  • 1994 – SE Johnson acquires London Aggregates (Wolcotville Sand & Gravel) in Milan. Stoneco and London Aggregates remain separate companies.
  • 2000 – London Aggregates and Stoneco are merged as Stoneco.
  • 2003 – Oldcastle Materials purchases SE Johnson. Stoneco Michigan quarries are merged with Michigan Paving and Materials. Stoneco Ohio quarries become Shelly.
  • 2008 – Oldcastle Materials acquires CYDI rail yards in Flint, Lansing & Grand Rapids Michigan and they are placed under Stoneco of Michigan.
  • 2013 – Oldcastle Materials acquires Waterland Trucking sand and gravel locations in Washtenaw County and the Rockwood quarry from Great lakes Aggregates.